Thursday, August 30, 2007

Well weathered wanderlust

Summer ends on September 15th. Technically, it ends on September 21st, but for me, it ends on the 15th. I have a plane ticket meant to depart that afternoon. With the oppressive St. Louis summer scorcher ebbing toward Seattle's September sixties, the beginning of my trip spells the end of this summer. So bring on the Fall.

The tentative plan is to explore the western coast. Starting in Seattle, I hope to migrate southward along the coast to places including Vancouver, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego. It may happen just like that, or I might find myself in Alaska in a few weeks. Or maybe even back home in three days. Either way, there is no adventure without a definitive sense of the unknown. So bring it on.

No comments: