Monday, October 1, 2007

Come rain or shine?

What's wrong with this city?!? See this picture? That's looking straight up from the city street on which I'm walking. It's raining. Does that look like it should be raining to you? Welcome to Seattle. (But I still like the rain.)

Incedentally, I've been told that while it rains all the time, it almost never snows here. I didn't expect that. It has to do with the near-sea level elevation and the way the jetstream brings either cold, dry air from Canada/Alaska or warm wet air from the south Pacific. But the end result: No snow, more rain.

1 comment:

Alina said...

Hey Ryan, I'm enjoying reading the updates. I made some money for you...clicked on each of the adds twice! It took us a long time to figure out weather out here on the west coast. In many respects it is opposite of how we easterners understand weather patterns to work. Say hi to Seattle for me and tell her I promise to visit one day!